Saturday, January 3, 2009

Saturday night, January 3, 2009 -Oh, what a beautiful day!


Yes, the sun - it did shine today. And the air was brisk.

And the day was LONG - here in STALAG 6490. They say that the GULAG is isolated from the rest of the continent by a large inaccessible divide - fraught with sarks and other frightful creatures. Or perhaps the barrier is HDTV, or ENORMOUS gas prices, maybe the attraction of life's leisure time activities a.k.a.WWii, or perhaps the OVERWHELMING desire to do a life's work in a location far removed from communication devices. But I digress.

Intermittently, I saw the inside of the washer and dryer, the inside of two mailboxes, the inside of three outside garbage receptacles, the inside of the dishwasher, the inside of the Happy Garden - who, by the way, never serves square fish - because I assume that's just against NATURE. And Thunderheart. And WV won a basketball game. And I saw a sign in the window of a store on Milford. I remember thinking: That sign would be a good one to blog about. Just before I drove away to buy a power ball ticket and forgot about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment