Friday, January 2, 2009

Friday, January 2, 2009 nice weather report


Sunny. The snow is about gone. Colder, at Krogers on the hill; but shirt sleeves to take groceries out of the trunk of the car, in the valley at 2:30 this afternoon.

Gas prices are going up: I didn't buy at $1.66 - any nighttime trip to Krogers in the past week when it was windy and colder (teens and 20's), instead I waited til it was warmer (today) and the price was $1.79 with my discount and 87 octane, of course.

Trisha reports that she and John have survived the first round of "the up-chuck" flu and do not want pipelines of chicken soup sent their way.

Kim is going to work day shift on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays if nothing gets in the way and she will help Grandma while Brenda helps Dad. Brenda has courageously stated she will work alone the other two days while I go to work. Until we can employ someone else.

I am not a good caregiver. I do not do what the other ladies can do - stay positive and calm, cook, make Dad sit up using the hoyer. I called about another sling for the lift and got the run-around. So, Monday I may have to get another agency to provide the hoyer and sling. I'm not strong in my hands either; but I can do a lot of laundry, so that will be my job in retirement - laundry...

Speaking of retirement: the government sent me a paper with possible payouts if I retire now, at 62, 63,64,65 and then at 65 and 7 months. Paper didn't say how much the bills will be in '09, '10, '11, '12 and 2013... and I have one foot in the present and one foot in the future - slippery slope...

So far my New Years Resolution is holding up. Can you guess what it is?

1 comment:

  1. Did you resolve to make a blog post every day? I thought about that, but just thinking about it ruined it, I didn't do one on Jan 1, and that was that!
    I like reading your posts, it lets me know you're still hanging in there. I Love You!

    ReplyDelete