Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Yes, gentle readers - I have delayed writing for several days. Things are new in C-burg:
1. it's now Wednesday evening February 25. I have completed my parent-teacher conference for this 3rd term [yesterday evening](see hobo teacher blog for a similar experience.)
2. My son-in-law called me with THE news. We can handle it.
3. Our care giver Kim called to confirm "she has shingles" and can't come to work for at least 5 days. I've already called two other people - no luck at hiring a "fill in"...
3. I have a new book- Caring for your Parents- the complete AARP guide...at 12 bucks.
4. I am reinventing myself tonight via Kahlua and ice. I would have done wine but I saw on tv [on NBC and it MUST be TRUE...] that wine and drinking in general causes cancer... heck what doesn't cause cancer?!
4. my cell rang in class..it was Dr. Bragg's office: Stan's InI was OK continue the drug at 4 1/2 mg. but I had to request another script for 4 mg [right there in front of my 24 students.]
5. Some math coordinator wrote an email stating she was using C wing for math field day on Saturday-that means some kids might be in my room ...where are the locks on the desks and cabinets.... do I have to hide the tv contriols...
6. Some body wants my job, or my room, certainly not my parking space: it's handicapped... Someone asks me everyday Are you gonna retire soon? I wish...
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Gentle Readers: The time is 11 pm. The snow is piling up like Ivory flakes all over Sun Valley. School in Harrison, Mon and Taylor counties is already on a 2 hour delay. But, I felt I must sweep the snow off the patio and attempt to sweep it off the driveway... It's 20 degrees out there... The moon is nowhere to be seen. The cinder trucks have already passed along the road to where ever... and it's only 11 o'clock.
Augh, I still have to get up at 5am to get ready for school and take care of business here. and it's 11:09 pm. It's a good thing I got that pain med RX filled. Don't you wish you could be here to play in the snow?