Tuesday, January 5, 2010

What's up, Doc?


Another Snow Day. And predictions for more icy, cold, lake-effect snow. January 5 - Tuesday...

I've been outside, sweeping - twice now. The wind is sharp. The sun has allowed the driveway to darken, momentarily, until the next wave of fluffy 1/2 inch flakes alights on top the icy black road to the mailbox. And now, the path matches the surrounding hillside - white, crisp, cold, unmarked.

Icicles hanging from the front porch gutter attest to the power of the sun (or maybe the heat of the furnace escaping through the roof.)

I'm tired. [But not from snow sweeping effort.]

All I want to do is sleep.

But since I'm not the only one here, I got to keep upright. And so I will.

There were only bills in the mailbox. There was nothing in the paper to interest me. And so, I'll close this until I get something unusual to write about...

No comments:

Post a Comment