Saturday, January 16, 2010

How to spend a Saturday in the altered Universe.


Greetings Earthlings,

I overslept again this morning. I awakened twice during the night, but I said to myself (who else would be listening?) I'll just crawl back into this bed for one more hour of sweet sleep - cause I was dreaming....

On my present planet, nothing is started, continued or completed unless I command it to be so. It's a peculiar feeling.

All the choices I have.

I decided to wash laundry, take out the garbage to the truck for later disposal, get the newspaper (the temperature was so warm that I didn't even wear a coat) and take a shower before I got dressed. [not necessarily in that order - but who cares - on my planet, I see no one unless I decide to see ...]

Windy came. We did our caregiving and I set out in the truck for my supershopping extravaganza at the fabulous Wally-world and the magnificent Krogers, with a side stop at the boulevard and the drugstore.

I could stand up [hanging on to the shopping cart] approximately two and one half hours, then I had to pop open a Guava juice from the groceries in the front seat, and grab some fries at the nearest drivethru and steer the truck toward the valley.

Besides the cost of groceries @100 bucks and supplies -also @ 100 bucks- the time away from the valley cost the lump sum of $60.00 - but I did get help with caregiving and carrying in the groceries and taking down the Christmas lights and folding some laundry... everyday chores I am constantly doing [just like everyone else in this altered universe of mine, I imagine.]

I am fighting this computer to get to print [the mouse is the problem, I hope.] Also to access blogs and regular stuff - it must be cleaned up, or else i should by a new one ;) but I digress.

I got a card from Joey -from SanDiego. He's back in NYC getting ready to leave again.

I got a letter from Susie, written when it was bitterly cold in FLA. I heard from Leah - she's living in her new digs: the hot water froze in the wall, but the thaw had not come when she talked to me last week.

All this is grist for my altered universe - one where I can read about the outside world but can not participate in it. ...sorta like being stranded on a planet with one-way communications but no teleporter. Oh yeah, the car's odometer just turned over 140 thousand miles (2001) and the truck has had a birthday: it's 6 years old. Dr. Sickles is out of jail [he was sentenced to 3 years] He fixed Stanley's hip in November - December 2005. In my altered universe, time stands still until something hiccups and a calendar page flops down from the wall. But my hair keeps growing and so do my fingernails - creepy, huh!

Well, I'm signing off this communication for now. I'll take off the tinfoil cap and return it to the table near the tv set until the next time.

Na Nu Na Nu

No comments:

Post a Comment