Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Happy Birthday Grandaughter Zoey and other stuff

A summer day in West Virginia: Happy birthday, Zoey.
I enjoyed the day even though there were a few reasons to be glad I'm me and not anyone else. But those reasons are no being discussed here ;-)
I drove to Morgantown. I saw my eldest daughter and family; I bought a loaf of wheat bread with sunshine seeds.
I saw my cousin,Leah, and her family - seem to be doing ok. I'll go back and see her again on Friday.
I keep reading the blogs to get the pictures of Zoey's party. And I know I'll get to see them soon ;+)
My Seester and her hubby are in Juneau, Alaska today - enjoying the extended daylight.
Outside right now the sky is covered with big grey puffy clouds. Looks like a storm is coming. There are no lightening bugs out (yet tonight) I saw one or two before the storm last night - wind was warm and humid and swirling leaves from the ground up. Just like it is tonight... warm, humid, darkening way before the normal hour...
I borrowed this from a blog I read last night, but I'm pretty sure it's a google image ;-) This is a popular summertime activity here in the hills: watching and catching lightening bugs. I wish my grandkids would see these fellows in person.
Stanley is sleeping in front of the TV - NCIS is rerunning (again) on channel 29-USA. Linda, Sandy and I are trying several "tricks" to get liquid and some food into him. But I am having no luck at all with the crushed medicine...
Fireflies-lightening bugs- they are just beginning to rise out of the lawn. Yippee. I'm going out and sit on the porch until the rain comes or the light goes.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment