Saturday, April 9, 2011

Shopping

I stole some time to stop at Elder-Beerman on Thursday on my way home.
Of course, I passed through the little girls' dresses department on my way to women's feminine frilly things.
I saw hats and Easter dresses.
I did SO want to buy my granddaughters each a nice dress for Easter. But I've learned that girls don't want their OLD grannies to buy dresses for them. Or hats. Heavy Sigh.

Spring is in full swing here in the valley.
daffodills are growing from the OLD plants on the hillside. Squirrels are leaping from tree to tree. We also saw bluebirds, and little wrens, but the cardinals are not around today, nor the robins.



Not your average Easter Bunny, but much more current.
Thank you Charlie Sheen!




2 comments:

  1. I don't know what it will be like when she's ten, but Zoey LOVES it when people buy her things! (she said she wanted an Easter Hat, but we haven't found one yet. *She has a BIG head - hint* hint*) As for a dress, we have the exact one that is in your header. I don't know if she's the same age Delia was at the time, but the size is close enough. :)

    ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see pictures of Zoey in that dress!

    Delia loved the last round of dresses you got for her till she grew out of them (the stretchy fabric ones, in black and white, and one was purple and black and white - when she grew out of that one she passed it on to Naomi). We don't have anyplace to wear frilly dresses, but maybe a compromise can be found. Maybe we'll leave sick Dad at home with his Dr Who reruns and go shopping this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete