Sunday, November 21, 2010

In case you didn't notice the passing of time...

Another week has gone. [Work has its positives, but this week, I did not get the work completed I must do - the stress is delayed until tomorrow - Monday - when I must go hide somewhere and DO THE WORK.]

 Friday, after school, I stopped by the old house to check out the mailbox. I saw from the curb -  the curtains pulled back and the blinds open. So, I ventured inside. There I discovered, pleasantly, that Jeff had pulled down the old ceilings and replaced them with our stockpile of new ceiling - very white and very nice. We have three new lights - two in the living room and one in the dining room.  New ceiling, new lights now the reverse needs care - pack up old lights and get the old ceiling out-a-there... A never ending cycle of w-o-r-k... I didn't go to the attic to get stuff for the tree.

Saturday -- Saturday, Dad and I stayed home and I did little chores: washed laundry, fixed food 3 times, cleaned up the kitchen again, again again... carried the garbage to the curbside. Paid Jeff for putting up the ceiling. Jeff says he has a contact in the fire department that may help with the basement stuff. We'll see. Thinking all the time: how will we celebrate the holidays this year.. maybe I'll go to the attic on Sunday ...

Today, however, the day was splendiferous: sunny, temps in the 60's, no too much wind, enough shiny sun to dry the newly washed car (formerly a Sunday tradition, here at the Estate.)
Kim came - what a God Send. She turned Stan twice... washed his hair and fed him, although he didn't eat much. And I tried to get some outside work done. I got the Rx from Rite Aide, shopped for some little stuff, tried to screw-up the courage to spend money on another tree.. just can't seem to justify the outlay. Nothing fits my criteria: cheap, pretty, easy to assemble and put away.. already got that.

I couldn't go to the attic. I got stopped on the second floor by an overwhelming sense of doom. I am going crazy trying to figure out how to empty that place, keep from losing anything of "sentimental" value, and repurposing that stuff over here for a while...

tonight, Sandy's daughter dropped by with food for dinner - Sandy's family had T-Day today. Sandy asked me Friday if that would be alright. Thank God for random people.

I think of Cousin Susie daily. I hope things are ok there. I will write (to her) this week. I will! No one should have to struggle alone - unless he or she is the Unibomber...and they caught him. 
I think I have a case of SAD. Don't worry, I know how to stop it. I'm just wallowing right now - it is the season, you know. Pecan Pie, Bread n Butter and applebutter, you get the picture.

I don't sleep through the night - ever. Last night I dreamed about the student whose Mother told me she needed an extension on her 7th grade geography project completion date, because she had been "molested" and Mom could give me the paperwork from the hospital if I needed it. I was standing in the cafeteria trying to get into the office to check in, when she and her two kids stopped me... for real.

And that's only one of the nightmares related to work. I don't want to think about what my brain deals with at night when it thinks about "home". But, everyone has problems and mine are mine. I don't want yours. No fair asking to trade. However, if you are inclined to share, I'll listen. I probably can't DO anything, but I can appreciate the struggle. And time just keeps on zipping by.


  1. I'd be very happy to take those stained glass light fixtures off of your hands. :) Or help you put them up in your new house. You just let me know!

    Take each moment one at a time. I have to remind myself of that daily.

    Love you!

  2. I'm glad you got home ok. I see you read this about an hour after you and I talked today.
    I love you. I'm glad you are feeling better.