Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Trip to Moundsville on a sunny Autumn day



Just a note to let you know: We took the 8th grade on an archaeological  field trip to Moundsville today.
What an experience! maybe I got cottage cheese for brains but, I've been on lots of trips and none like this.

Now I remember why I don't go on these educational excursions anymore...

I'm getting too old for this stuff - climbing into and out of the bus, sitting on plastic seats for hours in a sweaty  bus, lunch on the fly, kids borrowing money b-cuz they don't have any of course, listening to an adhd student  chatter the entire way home because the meds are wearing off..

Ask me about the buses getting lost on Route 250 in Moundsville. 90 degree turns on the two lane highway 11%, 7% grades, ridge top views...

Ask me about the wonderful exhibits at the museum (free) at the Grave Creek Mound site. Hint: Fiesta ware et al., costumes through the ages, Marble King, some weaving stuff they wouldn't show us...and of course, the early inhabitants - their homes, a diorama, bones, arrow heads... gift shop, and of course THE MOUND and the climb to the top, the Indian garden at the bottom - so much stuff, so little time...

And, then - The Prison - 90 minutes of scared straight, ghost lore, weapons and Halloween decorations.

Thank God for rest areas on the Interstate.

We got home (back at the base to drop off our charges) at 6 p.m. I got home after 7.
And I'm so TURD (tired) I could FART (faint).

That is not to say that you shouldn't go; it really was fun and educational (even the unintentional lessons). I'm just saying, NO School Buses!!!

I will post some pictures soon. They are still on the camera; and the camera is still in the car. I'm too tired (turd) to go down and get it - besides the computer won't let me add any photos now for whatever reason.

It's an easy trip for the inspiration, if you go in a car, and not on Mondays.

L8TR fans.

1 comment:

  1. HA! I'm so TURD I could FART as well.

    Glad you got home OK.

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete