Sunday, October 30, 2011

Birthday Girl born in October

 A birthday party-slumber party for my 11 year old granddaughter, Delia, was held at Edge Hill House on Saturday evening.  What fun they had: a scratch chocolate birthday cake made by her Mom, that's my daughter Tracy, the baker. the cake had delicious icing and a filling that was out-of-this-world (thank you Grandpa Stan for teaching this kid how to make caramel from canned milk)






 All these girls had fun painting their fingernails, telling big stories, eating pizza and drinking extra chocolate milkshakes throughout the evening.  I left shortly after the presents were opened, but I heard that a good time was had by all.

  Pictures of the present opening are posted above.  In the wrong order as usual.  I am so glad I got to witness this event and be a small part of it. Life doesn't get much better than this. Family, friends and a reason to celebrate!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting the pictures of the party! You have the only photographic evidence that it ever happened! Besides all the pictures Izzy took on her cell phone - which I gave her absolutely no reason to use against me in a blackmail campaign.

    Delia has already hand crafted us one delightful candle holder on her potters wheel. I see many happy winter hours of making stuff ahead of us. I love you Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! Great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool!! Happy Birthday Delia!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete