Wednesday, February 25, 2009
February 25 - just a 29 days til MY BIRTHDAY (as if you didn't know)
Yes, gentle readers - I have delayed writing for several days. Things are new in C-burg:
1. it's now Wednesday evening February 25. I have completed my parent-teacher conference for this 3rd term [yesterday evening](see hobo teacher blog for a similar experience.)
2. My son-in-law called me with THE news. We can handle it.
3. Our care giver Kim called to confirm "she has shingles" and can't come to work for at least 5 days. I've already called two other people - no luck at hiring a "fill in"...
3. I have a new book- Caring for your Parents- the complete AARP guide...at 12 bucks.
4. I am reinventing myself tonight via Kahlua and ice. I would have done wine but I saw on tv [on NBC and it MUST be TRUE...] that wine and drinking in general causes cancer... heck what doesn't cause cancer?!
4. my cell rang in class..it was Dr. Bragg's office: Stan's InI was OK continue the drug at 4 1/2 mg. but I had to request another script for 4 mg [right there in front of my 24 students.]
5. Some math coordinator wrote an email stating she was using C wing for math field day on Saturday-that means some kids might be in my room ...where are the locks on the desks and cabinets.... do I have to hide the tv contriols...
6. Some body wants my job, or my room, certainly not my parking space: it's handicapped... Someone asks me everyday Are you gonna retire soon? I wish...