Sunday, June 13, 2010

Suddenly Sunday

This week began with much promise: I promised myself that I would begin clearing out the old house on the Boulevard.
Monday was the last day for kids at school where I endured yet another movie marathon with 30 - 40 kids choosing to sit infront of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. We all know their intention was NOT to watch the "flick"-that's old school for "movie"- but rather be social with their buds. (I only lost control - of myself- once.)
Tuesday was a work in your room day, meetings and lunch on your own. We ate at a charming place in Grafton called Gourmet's Delight, on Rt. 50 east, after you cross the replaement for the "blue bridge" into the  clusters of homes and buildings that make up the outskirts, not too far from Dr. Moore's office (the dentist). Turns out, the place is a renovated two story house, with overflow seating on the second floor. Wide oak steps with a turn at the top and plenty of handrails ;) got me to a table. Food and company were excellent. (Thanks, Pam and Dot and Val.)
Wednesday was another work in your room day and check out for the summer. I had help from Camey M. who is a this year's 7th grade student and daughter of the school nurse. [the kid's a sweetheart, even though she didn't learn anything from my class this year by her sworn statement.]
Susie wrote another great letter. We have so much in common and so much to share. "Does all this clutter make my butt look fat?" by Peter Walsh. And again "It's All Too Much" by the same guy... gotta get to the library and see if these are on the shelves...
Thursday, my first day of freedom, was spent shopping, wandering between Penney's and Walmart. It was raining so I didn't get out of the car at WallyWorld. Got a few items at Lowes. Thank you Linda and Sandy for coming at 9 and leaving at 3. Things worked out well for my mental state.
Friday, I returned to shopping - my only escape that doesn't involve packing up and/or throwing away. Bought shorts: it's hot and muggy here. Didn't try them on. Sandy was here again from 9 til 3. Had to return one pair on Saturday.
Saturday, Sandy came from 9 til 3 to give me time to work at the Boulevard, or do something else. I returned the shorts (got 81 cents extra - there was a doorbuster sale on Saturday) I met the new neighbor, Mike Riley, and put some "garbage" in a can at the curb. And I brought some photos to the Valley in between the rainstorms and showers.
I can see the sun is coming out; it's almost 8:40 and I'm still in my PJ's (another goodie from the shopping escape).
And so goes the life, modified as it is, in the Valley. Looks almost livable if you don't talk about the psychic pain and the physical pain and the phone calls from relatives (Maxine - Joe's heart attacks, trip to the VA in DC in the ambulance and the stents) describing the nature of health and life in their worlds, too.
NO, I didn't get the house "cleaned out", but I have the rest of my life to do that, if my health and the money hold out...

No comments:

Post a Comment